Due to the general usage of information technologies and digitalization in nearly all domains and fields of interest nowadays, a lot of adequate data is available for a given topic. With data mining a couple of methods are subsumed, which more or less automatically extract systematic patterns and knowledge from such big datasets.
Examples of such datasets are any kind of
live sensor signals
Data mining itself consists of
- the systematic collection and composition of the data and
- the knowledge extraction by application of machine learning methods.
- Machine Learning
- Neural Networks
- Big Data
- About the golden rule of data science not to touch any raw data
- Why we love the CDF and do not like histograms that much
- Artificial Neural Networks are Blackbox routines. Are you allowed to use them?
- What's so special about Artificial Neural Networks?
- How many data do you need for training an Artificial Neural Network?