Open Master Thesis
Pattern Recognition Methods for the Identification and Prediction of Traffic Situations
ANDATA is one of the leading Austrian engineering offices for the application of Data Mining, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence in technical product development.
Within our activities in the field of Intelligent Transportation Systems for traffic and infrastructure control solutions we are currently developing a new approach for the control of traffic flows. One part of this task is the proper identification and prediction of the current and upcoming traffic situations. Within the proposed work the according pattern recognition methods should be implemented and tested for the traffic situation identification at network level. The applied developed approach should also be used for the specification of the necessary traffic sensors.
- Data collection and collocation from various sources
- Application of several pattern recognition methods for the identification of the relevant situations
- Rating of the different solutions and resulting recommendation of the traffic sensors
- Good skills in mathematics (Data Mining, Machine Learning, Statistics)
- MATLAB- and/or basic programing skills
- Experience in Machine Learning and/or image processing beneficial
- Enthusiasm and joy with new technologies
Last update on 2019-06-04 by Andreas Kuhn.